Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Roasted Green Bean, Chicken & Potatoes (One Pan)


When I had jaw surgery and members of the Relief Society were bringing in meals for my family, my visiting teacher Feleicia brought this dish in and Paul and the girls gobbled it up.  So once I could start eating regular food again, I found the recipe on Pinterest and made it myself and it was absolutely delicious and so, so easy.  Definitely a keeper for an easy weeknight meal.

Roasted Green Bean, Chicken & Potatoes

INGREDIENTS

12 ounces green beans
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 lb. small red potatoes, diced
1/4-1/2 cup butter (I made this according to the original 1/2 cup instructions but felt like the amount of butter could have easily been cut in half)
1 small envelope Zesty Italian dressing seasoning
Salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a 9x13-inch baking dish, arrange green beans, chicken and potatoes in 3 vertical rows, side by side.  Cut the butter into thin slices and arrange evenly around the pan on top of the green beans, chicken and potatoes.  Sprinkle the Italian dressing packet evenly over everything and then salt and pepper the dish to taste.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour, until the chicken is no longer pink and the potatoes are soft.  If the green beans start looking overdone around the 45 minute mark, place foil over the pan for the remainder of the cooking time.

Source: High Heels & Grills (although I saw this pinned to other sites online and have no idea where the original version came from - my guess is this is one of those dishes that has been around for years and nobody knows who created it)

No comments:

Post a Comment