Monday, April 11, 2016

Buttermilk Pancakes

1 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan. Sift and measure flour; sift again with sugar, salt and baking soda.Beat egg in medium bowl. Blend in buttermilk. Add dry ingredients, beating until smooth. Blend in melted butter.Add  up to 1/4 cup more buttermilk for thinner cakes. Adjust consistency as required to maintain a pourable cake batter by adding additional flour or buttermilk.  Scoop 1/4 cup onto griddle and turn when surface bubbles begin to break. Serve immediately.

Yield 2

Notes: I never sift my ingredients and I double the recipe and it is plenty for my family. I use butter to grease pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment